Aller au contenu principal
Reducing the environmental impact of our activities
Our ambition: to ensure the sustainability of our activities by conserving resources and reducing the impact on the environment
We are all affected by the issues related to climate change. This is why our Group is mobilizing around the world through significant investments, innovative processes and everyday actions to help make logistics and transport activities more sustainable.
Reduce our carbon footprint and energy intensity
Strong ambitions and exemplary reductions across all our activities
We are taking action in our warehouses by limiting energy consumption and rethinking our equipment. We have equipped our sites with renewable energy production solutions, launched a vast program to replace lighting with LED solutions, and installed Lithium Ion batteries to reduce electricity consumption and improve safety.
We also favor multimodal solutions: our IDEO control unit, dedicated to the control of European flows, manages more than 1,500 full trains per year (avoiding 60,000 trucks on the roads). Through our transport agencies and our subsidiary Froidcombi, we also operate more than 11,000 road-rail crate trips per year.
Finally, we have developed a strong expertise in alternative motorization (CNG, LNG or electric).
Reduce and recycle our waste
Our goal: recover 85% of our waste
We have fully incorporated the processing of the waste we generate into our activity. To this end, several concrete measures have been implemented:
- Improve waste sorting through our continuous improvement program, IDeLiver, one of the components of which concerns the improvement of sorting processes. This includes increased staff awareness, the installation of waste collection bins, and investment in compactors
- Conduct regular audits of our processes to verify the effectiveness of the actions implemented, and if necessary improve them
- Examine opportunities for recycling or re-use when a waste category reaches a sufficient volume
Reduce waste generated at our customer sites
Reducing waste generated at our customer sites, one of our environmental responsibilities
In collaboration with our customers, we implement effective actions, including:
- Re-use of cartons received for new shipments
- Use of packaging machines capable of making custom cartons, or digital tools recommending the appropriate carton size
- Selection of mechanized solutions to adjust and significantly reduce the quantities of plastic used
- Replacement of plastic bubble wrap with paper solutions or cardboard offcuts wherever possible
Ensemble + Responsables
An ambitious and high-impact environmental program, in cooperation with our customers
In 2021, we launched the “Ensemble+Responsables” program. The program encourages our sites to work with our customers on CSR themes such as zero-plastic warehouses, zero-waste warehouses and energy sobriety, and to commit to a road map to achieve concrete results.